BROMO - MADAKARIPURA - IJEN 2D1N
Flexible pick-up and drop-off location in Surabaya or Malang Area
This adventure-packed 2-day trip will take you on a journey through some of the most stunning natural landscapes in Indonesia.
Begin with midnight pick up with a comfortable private car driven by an experienced driver to guarantee your safety. You will also be accompanied by a friendly guide. Expect an insight into local life and interesting stories about the volcanoes.
First stop is Mount Bromo, where you’ll witness firsthand the awe-inspiring beauty of an active volcano as it emits plumes of smoke into the sky. As you explore this incredible geological wonder, your senses will be inundated with sights, sounds and smells that are truly unforgettable.
Next, the trip takes you to Madakaripura – a majestic waterfall nestled within a lush rainforest where you can cool off and immerse yourself in nature’s tranquility. Stay overnight in hotel near Mount Ijen area to recharge your energy on the first day
Finally, wake up early in the morning to reach Mount Ijen – one of Java’s most spectacular volcanoes that boasts vibrant blue flames and sulfuric-acid lakes that glow in the dark. Throughout your journey from Bromo to Ijen, our expert guides will provide fascinating insights into each location’s history and geography while ensuring your safety at all times so that every moment is filled with wonder and excitement.
At the end of the trip you can be dropped off to Surabaya/Malang or Ketapang Port if you plan on continuing your adventure to Bali or even better, directly at your Bali hotel (for an additional cost, of course).
1 Participant : USD 413 /px
2 Participants : USD 230 /px
3 Participants : USD 193 /px
4 Participants : USD 173 /px
5 Participants : USD 160 /px
6 Participants : USD 147 /px
7 Participants : USD 140 /px
8 Participants : USD 127 /px
9 Participants : USD 123 /px
10 Participants : USD 120 /px
11 Participants : USD 113 /px
12 Participants : USD 107 /px
More than 12 : Contact us
✓ Private Air Conditioned Car
✓ Friendly English Speaking Guide
✓ 4WD Jeep
✓ Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Entrance Fees
✓ Madakaripura Waterfall Entrance Fees
✓ Special Mask to see Blue Fire
✓ Hotels for 1 Night
✓ Masker, Mineral Water, Coffee Break
✪ The iconic Sunrise at the King Kong Hills Viewpoint
✪ Witness the stunning Mount Bromo landscape
✪ Walk to the famous Sea of Sand
✪ Trek to the Bromo Crater
✪ Discover the magnificent beauty of Madakaripura Waterfall, hidden within a lush rainforest.
✪ The natural blue fire phenomena
✪ The fantastic sunrise from the top of the volcano of Mount Ijen
✪ The view of the world’s largest acidic crater lake
〚Day 1 〛
Pick up from Surabaya/Malang and go to Sukapura Village.
Reach Sukapura Village and swap vehicles to a 4WD jeep, then make your way to King Kong Hills Viewpoint to catch the Sunrise
Take a break and enjoy your coffee while you await the sunrise.
Sunrise at King Kong Hills Viewpoint
Drive to Mount Bromo Crater
Climbing the Volcano Crater and enjoy the Mount Bromo Crater View
See the whispering sand and Luhur temple
Head to Lava View Restaurant
Head to Madakaripura Waterfall
Enjoy Madakaripura Waterfall
Drive to Hotel in the Ijen Area
Arrive at the hotel and have some rest
〚Day 2 〛
Wake up and head to Mt Ijen
Mount Ijen climbing (it takes at least 1,5 hours – 2 hours)
Witnessing the Blue Flame and sulfur mining (the blue flame cannot be seen once the sun rises, so we must go at midnight).
Sunrise on Mount Ijen
Going down from Mt Ijen
Have a breakfast (the hotel will provide you a Breakfast Box)
*09.00 – 16.00
Drive to Ketapang port or Surabaya/Malang
✕ Bromo horse riding
✕ Personal Expenses
✕ Lunch & Dinner
- First things first, if you want to do the tour directly, make sure to choose a flight that arrives in Surabaya at 22:30. It is also better if you are already in Surabaya or Malang. This will give you ample time to settle in before embarking on your adventure.
- If you are from Yogyakarta we strongly suggest taking a train that arrives in Surabaya at 22.30. Using Train will be faster,comfortable and cheaper. Click here to book your train tickets.
- Here’s the best part – you can take your luggage with you during the trip! No need to worry about leaving it behind or lugging it around separately. Our guide will accompany you as you climb up Bromo while our driver takes care of guarding your luggage safely inside the car.
- When it comes time for drop-off, there are a few options available depending on your plans. We can drop off anywhere within Surabaya/Malang or Ketapang Port if you plan on continuing your adventure to Bali or even better, directly at your Bali hotel (for an additional cost, of course).
- From Ketapang Port, it takes approximately 1 hour to cross to Bali, and Bali is one hour ahead of Java.
- If you’re curious to learn more about Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen before you explore it firsthand, here is some information that should be helpful. Use the link below as your guide to discovering all you need to know about the Bromo and Ijen volcano,
Make it happens!
Book your tour by completing and sending form below, then we’re all ready to face the AWESOME trip.
from surabaya or malang
Established 2019, we’ve been dedicated to showcasing the unparalleled beauty of East Java to explorers from all over the world. We’re not just tour guides, we’re your friends, and we can’t wait to show you around. So pack your bags, bring your sense of adventure, and let’s explore Java together with Bromo Vacation!